Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What a day...

Patient 1: Did you have a nose job?
My thought: Is that a compliment?


Patient 2: "Are you Holly?"
Me: "No, I'm Beth. Don't you remember me from this morning? I did your eval with Meghan."
Patient 2: "Of course I remember you. How could I miss you? You could be a dancer."
Me: "uhhmmm..."
Patient 2: "You know some girls do that in college because they think it's funny."
Me: "Well, not me..."
My thought: Is it the color of my shirt, my boobs, or my size?

Later on:
Me: Ok, sir, I'll see you in the morning, have a good night.
Patient 2: Who are you? Are you Holly?
Me: No, I'm Beth.
Patient 2: Who the hell is Holly then?
Me: She's the PT who evaled you right before we did this morning.
Patient 2: Oh, is she overweight?
Me: ...uhhh....
Patient 2: Is she bigger?
Me: ...Yes.... but so am I...
Patient 2: Yeah, but you are in all the right places, if you know what I mean....
Me: Goodnight, Sir.
Patient 2: You know, you could lose about 20-30 pounds real easy if you try.
My thought: Why do old people think they can say what they want. And was that a compliment, or should i be offended ?

Funny how one day your patients can make your day, and the next they make you want to go to bed at 6:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment