It really is true. I can’t believe some of the things I’ve heard come out of the kid’s mouths the past few weeks. I’ve decided to start a list. In high school I used to make a list of the crazy things my teachers said to help me get through the class… I’m thinking of this the same way.
One of the hardest things I’ve heard a kiddo say is this: “I just wish they would stop.” This came from a 7ish year old little girl with CP who has RIDICULOUS muscle spasms. They become worse with initiation of a task- in this case, all she was trying to do was write her name.
On a lighter note, here are some other (more funny) things I’ve heard kiddos say.
- “Happy birthday pops!”- a 4 year old while playing a fishing game. His “pops” was not in the room.
- “Well, look who’s here!”- when I came back in the room from getting the supplies for the day.
- “Where you going Scooby doo?”- when my CI left to get something.
- “Hey, it’s me ‘David’”- an autistic little boy while just chillin on the swing.
- “There is no ‘try.’ There is can and cannot.”- a 7 year old little boy who refused to “try” an activity.
- “Trick-or-treat! Happy Halloween!”- today during our session.
- “Well, well, well, look who it is, Santa Clause.”- when my CI came back in the room.
- “Goodbye! Happy Thanksgiving!” –today after a session (the same boy who said the above two statements.
- I was also proposed to two weeks ago during a session, by an 11 year old with Down’s Syndrome. He insisted on being escorted around everywhere after that point. Today he didn’t want to leave, so I offered to escort him. He started humming the wedding march as we were walking.
These are all of them that I can remember right now. I’ll be sure to add to them when I think of/hear new ones!
In other news, Georgetown Hospital system is flying me down (to Myrtle Beach) for an interview next weekend! I have not had a phone interview yet, nor have I really talked with anyone about anything. But they are paying for my flight, hotel (a really nice one), and a rental car! I’m so excited. I’m trying not to get my hopes up though- it just seems too good to be true.
Anyhow, today is FRIDAY! I’m so ready for the weekend! Hope you all are enjoying this fabulous weather (finally)!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment