A lot has been happening in the life of this OTS. However, the trade off to these 3 day weekends (working four 10 hour days) is exhausting. So, by the time I get home the last thing I feel like doing is typing a blog.
I'm seeing a lot of interesting things though. Remember my patient from Rehab who had transverse myelitis? Well, I saw a 16 year old with the same thing. She is doing well, but is in a wheelchair. It happened about 2 years ago I guess- and I couldn't get a definite answer about how her onset presented, but needless to say its just as shocking and devastating as my last patient who developed the symptoms overnight.
I also saw two boys with SCI, both at the cervical level, both 18. One has a complete lesion, one has an incomplete lesion. ...two little letters that make a big difference. The one with the complete lesion is in a power chair, and unable to wiggle his toes, has no active finger/wrist movement, but is in great spirits. The one with the INcomplete lesion I literally saw WALK without an assistive device- with only hand held assist and an AFO. I couldn't believe it. It was amazing.
Next week I start treatments on kiddo's. I have 5 kids that I'm treatment planning for, and one of them I'm going to be doing completely independently because my CI has a meeting. I can't believe that.
Anyway, I have to leave for work. Two more days of work, then I get to go home. :)
Friend I love reading your blog!! I think its so awesome to hear about all the cool things you are seeing and doing!! :)
ReplyDelete