Sunday, August 28, 2011

A series....

I'm sitting here on this BEAUTIFUL Sunday afternoon/evening, after Irene has passed, and I am inspired. I just started my laundry. My work out is done. The pool is closed. Julie and Julia is on tv. I love this movie, it always inspires me. It's cliche, I know, to turn to my blog while watching a movie on a woman who blogged for one year while cooking her way through Julia Child's cook book, but, as I said before I am inspired.

There is a quote, maybe I'll try to find it after I'm finished processing my thoughts by blogging, that I've been thinking a lot about lately. It has something to do with living life NOW, not after the next major hurdle, (or even pebble in your shoe-- that one came from my dad). I've been in Myrtle Beach for almost a month now, with nothing significant to report. I haven't met people because "I'll do that when I start work." I haven't picked up any new hobbies because "I don't know anyone." My days consist of going to the gym, cooking food, and watching tv with Lou. And while I enjoy each of those things, my life is mundane. I need to live now, and stop waiting for the next phase in my life. If I do that, I will have gone through life waiting to live.

So, what I want to do, is pick something new to do, or to learn within the next year, and blog about it. I want to pick up a new hobby, learn a new language, start a revolution-- something, anything. I've looked into volunteering and didn't find too many opportunities in the area (there is no Big Brothers Big Sisters in Horry county, which makes me sad). I'm not giving up yet though. I'll come up with something. And if you have any suggestions, feel free to offer them.

That's all for now.

P.S. I found the quote (LOVE IT):

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life.  But there was always some obstacle in the way.  Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid.  Then life would begin.  At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.  ~Fr. Alfred D'Souza

No comments:

Post a Comment