Yes, you read right. There are 11 days left in this fieldwork. I'm not quite sure how that happened- it's gone SO fast. Many things have happened in the last two weeks.
I did a home eval for my transverse myelitis patient, because she WENT HOME! She's using a walker, rollator, and a few other pieces of adaptive equipment. I was so excited when she left, but it's only been a week, and I already miss her like crazy! We gave her a gait belt that we all signed and wished her well. She started crying when we gave it to her, and I'm not going to lie- I got teary-eyed too...
I got to observe surgery on Tuesday; a total knee replacement, and a Birmingham Hip Resurfacing. It was amazing. On top being enthralled with what was going on in surgery, I was definitely impressed by the precautions that were taken for sterility, and the professionalism and respect towards the patients while they were under anesthesia.
Maybe this weekend I'll describe the surgeries in a little more detail. But it's been a busy week, and I'm exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment