Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finding the humor...

I'm exhausted, cold, and sore from shoveling 8+ inches of snow in the last two days. Not to mention Jillian Michaels DVD kicked my butt last night. But I wanted to share a few funny things from the past week or so. Have to find the humor, otherwise I couldn't make it through the day.

1. Twice in the past two weeks I have been asked (while treating a patient) what I'm going to be when I'm finished with school. Really? lol

2. My patient with Transverse Myelitis is doing AMAZING! She is able to "march" while seated, and can even kick her leg some. I informally tested her LE today and noticed that she is now about a 3+/5 for knee extension while seated. I was so excited! Since I've known this patient from the time she was evaluated (I started 1/3, she was evaled 1/4) and I'm really close with her. I was excited that she has some movement back in her legs and I went to give her a hug. Right after, as I was sitting back, she lost her balance forward and had to catch herself on my legs. I was so excited about her legs, I "forgot" her balance was still poor. We both laughed for a few minutes after that.

And finally.... 

3. A retired OB/Gyn is currently in therapy now after having a bilateral knee replacement. During therapy today, the therapist asked, "So, are you completely retired, or do you still keep your hand in it." I realize it's just a saying... but really? With the kind of work he did, there are better phrases available. lol

Hope you are all staying warm with this crazy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment